0

Jalan-jalan, cari makan! - Malacca

Saturday, February 13, 2010
9.37pm, 13 February 2010

----------
Due to the lack of internet and personal time at home, I've gotten myself a notebook to pen down my thoughts. It's been a rather frustrating and stressful week so there's nothing much for me to update here anyway.
Or so I thought... =P And here I thought it'll be a short entry!
----------

I went to Melacca with Wing, Adrian, Lynn, Chu, Tiffany, Justin and Shine on the 8th to 10th of January for a... random trip, I suppose. Lolz.

Justin, Lynn, and Adrian, after a series of failed photo-taking.

We stayed in a guest house a street behind Jonker Street (if I'm not wrong) called Jalan Jalan. Cool name, huh? XD

Literal translation: Walk walk. Lolz

The owner, Sam, is this quiet and cool Chinese dude who pretty much runs the whole place - like, literally. He washes the bed sheets/etc (with a washing machine, of course), sweeps and mops the place, tend to his customers, everything, and all by himself! Salute wei!

That's Sam, on the far left. =D

The place has a very antique look to it, since it's probably more than twice as old as I am. The bedrooms upstairs mostly have wooden floors, and beds with mosquito nettings. Me and Shine got the corner room, so it was real cooling and windy at night. =)

A board for the guesthouse customers to stick random notes on. Did you see what I see...? XDD

Our home for the weekend

Playing UNO at 2 in the morning.


Justin and Shine warned me about the morning prayers that a mosque nearby will conduct every morning, but I slept like a log, both days! XD


Waiting for Wing, Adrian, Lynn and Tiff who stayed in a different guesthouse, though it's also under Sam's ownership. Notice how much nicer and comfortable it is compared to the previous guesthouse??! Lucky chicks...


The one thing I had a problem with was their bathroom. They only had one bathroom, and a unisex toilet. I guess they usually won't have alot of people using it, but still, one bathroom? We had to queue to bath! @_@ But oh well, maybe I'm just being picky.

Oh, speaking about their bathroom, it's not connected to the guesthouse (but still within the house' compound area), so you have to walk past this small garden just to ease yourself. And watch where you're going when you need to do your business at night, because on the way to the bathroom, you'll pass by...

A well...

Damn creepy okay! Especially at night, since it's not brightly lit. So it'll look something like this...


Did you see anything crawling out...? =P Well I hope not. @_@''

Ok... enough with the enchanting guesthouse. We pretty much had a food trip there, since we spent the most on food - laksa, chicken rice, cendol, ais kacang, seafood, etc. There was no end to it! We were almost always biting on something that one of us bought while we walk through Jonker Street!


The famous chicken rice ball. Nothing special.



Food from various stalls in Jonker Street.


Chaos when the food finally arrived. Lots of hisses and rawrs!


The fastest way to get to your food is to quietly let your camwhoring friends take pictures of the food. The faster they're done, the faster you get your nom!


Of course, walking isn't enough for this random group of punks (I seriously wonder why I'm a part of them @_@) so on Saturday, we rented bicycles and cycled to Mahkota Parade.


Chained our bikes together outside McD, right next to Mahkota Parade.

Lynn ordering food (again) a couple of hours after our chicken rice ball lunch. She's damn awesome lor, can eat like no body's business and still stay cute and pretty! Check out her candy coloured nails!


We lepak-ed in Mahkota Parade for some time with a friend of Wing and Justin (the friend was in the same course as both of them) before headng off to the Portugese settlement for seafood!


Oh, in case I forgot to mention, we cycled all the way from Mahkota Parade to the Portugese Settlement too. =) Check out our route (pic below), kindly drawn by our organizer/tour guide for the trip, Justin.

Took us over an hour to get there wei! (okay lar, that included waiting for a friend of ours who can't cycle...but still. One hour!)


I'm not sure if it's really that complicated, but hell yeah it's as frustrating getting there as he'd drawn it!



Truth be told, for the trouble we've gone through to get to the Portugese Settlement, I think we deserved better lor...

I've had better seafood than their so-called famous "fresh and cheap seafood". Their crab wasn't fresh, and for the overall price I paid, I felt cheated. Especially since I had to cycle all the way there and back... thank god there's a short cut we can take on our way back!

Pepper-baked crab. It would've been great if it was fresh.

And so we cycled back after dinner... took a short rest, and some of us took off again to Jonker Street for snacks while the others took their bath! Yeah, makan lagi! XD


Went to Geographer for a drink after Jonker Street is closed.

And did lotsa some mildly crazy stuff

So yeah... that pretty much sums up the whole Malacca food trip with a bunch of whacky college friends. =) Of course there's more than what you see and read here, but I think a scrapbook/picture book would be more appropriate.

Besides, it sucks up alot of my time to blog this out online, uploading pictures and all. =X It was fun recalling what happened during the trip tho. XD

So come on, Harvey Norman! Start your RM0.35 picture promotion again! I have pictures to print!

One last note before I run off, Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! Hope you'll have a RAWRING year ahead! =D

0 comments: