0

Quickie @ Work

Friday, January 29, 2010

3.52pm, Friday, 29 January 2010


It’s amazing the things that you’re exposed to when you work in an MNC with a large and varied headcount. One of aspects that I got to enjoy is FOOD!


Seriously, you get to enjoy tonnes of food from all over the place! As I’m typing this, I have 3 mandarin oranges on my desk which I’ve yet to touch, and a small container of red beans dessert. I’ve been fortunate enough to have nom-ed on:


Chocolates from Hong Kong and Belgium,


Pomelo fruits from Ipoh (I don’t know how my colleagues had time to buy these. Hello? They’re on a business trip wei, still got time to buy fruits and Old Town White Coffee ah? Geez…)


Variety of biscuits from Melaka (My colleagues buy in bulk to share with the department whenever she goes back to her hometown. The supply lasts for days. =.=)


Sweets, snacks and biscuits from… wherever. (I had a sugar rush the morning after Christmas holidays when everyone came back with free food and sweets.)

Mooncakes. Lots of ‘em. And I’m not even a fan of mooncakes!


Kek Lapis from Sarawak (or was it Sabah?)


And the weirdest thing of all (to date) – pickled/dried mango…sweet(?), all the way from a supplier from Thailand. It’s a strange thing, I tell ya. I presume it’s dried, sliced mangoes, rolled up to look like those love letter biscuits. You can’t taste or smell any mango in it, and while it’s sweet, it has a slight twinge of sour taste in it. (Something like those dried prunes, me thinks)


Strangely, its taste reminds me of raisins or dried prunes... Texture is somewhat similar too, real chewy, and somewhat… sticky.


Oh, the branch HR executive just came over, and she brought biscuits! I’m off for tea! =)




On a side note: I have lots of drafts and unfinished posts in my blog. I'll need to work on them soon!

0 comments: